Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Politics of Dreaming by Santo La Russa

I have to admit - I haven't read this book. However, I am super proud to know the author.

Santo La Russa has come to the library where I work for some time. He's one of the most well read, nicest people I have the pleasure of helping -and he happens to be homeless. He started out writing poems and drawing pictures, and leaving them for us to find. We encouraged him to keep his writings and use the computer. He ended up leaving and we didn't see him for over a year.

He returned and looked better than ever. He used our library's computers to compile his writing. Little did we know, he was writing a book. The other day I helped him self-publish his book on Amazon. I feel so happy for him. He is a great person, and I think he could make a lot of people rethink their feelings about homeless people.

If you have a moment - check out his book: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006X38WUS/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_dp_hwHepb13P98J1

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ms. Librarian,

    I enjoyed finding your blog post about Santo “Sonny” La Russa.
    I have been in collaboration with Sonny on a book that will include many of his drawings, poems and philosophical works. I am proud to call him my friend and I agree that he has a warm heart. Knowing Sonny has been an education for me and enriched my life in many ways.

    Sincerley,

    Mark Kirchner

    ReplyDelete